Thursday, March 12, 2009

Beach Time

Allison and I went to L.A. to spend the weekend with my parents. It was also an excuse to get to the beach, which, in a way, we did for Allison's birthday. Dual purpose trips are the best.

I've been avoiding blogging about it for some reason. I think because I have a hard time typing really short blog entries and my usual ones kinda take a while to do. Plus, the slew of photos I normally have to upload and caption also takes a while.

So here we go...

We attempted to make the 5:30pm flight on Friday. About 4:30pm, Allison was to the gate and I was getting back from the work flying I'd done. Well, the flight looked full AND scheduling sent me on another short round trip to Chattanooga. Rats. The next flight to LA was at 7:05pm and I wouldn't be back in time for it. No matter, we wouldn't have made either of those. I finally met up with Allison around 8:40pm for the last flight to L.A. at 9:15pm. We made it! Poor Allison sat there for about 4 hours.

Saturday, we started with a small breakfast at home, then headed out to Randy's Donuts. This is our second time there so it's now a tradition. Their coconut donut could bring world peace. Yes, it's that good. Then we drove around, went shopping, and Dad showed us a new park he had biked to that had good views of the valley. Lunch at Baja Fresh.

Later, my parents dropped us off at the north end of the Venice boardwalk. We enjoyed all the weirdness that is Venice as we walked south all the way to the Marina del Rey jetty, about 3 miles. My parents picked us up and we headed home for dinner. My Dad's latest kick is cooking. So he prepared a bunch of small dishes, a la tapas style. Everything was excellent.

Sunday, Allison headed back to Atlanta on the 1255pm flight. A short visit. I had Monday and Tuesday off so I stayed a bit longer. After Allison was on her way, my parents and I got ready and headed up the Pacific Coast Highway. Our destination was the Pt. Mugu State Park and the La Jolla Canyon hiking trails. I had my
In N Out
fix on the way up. Nothing like a Double-Double for some hiking energy! We hiked about 3 hours and then drove back home.

I came back on the 7:35am flight Monday morning and arrived home in Kennesaw around 3:30pm. Gotta love that 4 hour flight plus 3 hour time change!

I've tried to get in a habit of posting pictures throughout the blog post but I got lazy this time. Click the link below to see the photos from the weekend. Allison, my dad and I are the featured photographers. :-) Enjoy!

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE TRIP PHOTOS

No comments: