That's a mouthful to say.
So, over Thanksgiving 2008, Allison and I took my parents on a hike up nearby Kennesaw Mountain while they were here. Unfortunately the weather was foggy that day so they missed out on the good views.
Ever since then, I wanted to head up to the top of Kennesaw Mountain via the quick, hike-avoiding paved road. I didn't want to carry my camera all the way up there via hike.
Well, it's been an unexpected chore. Four things have prevented this until today:
1) My camera had to go back to Canon twice for the same problem they didn't fix the first time. It took a month in total.
2) Once I had the camera back, I rushed over on the first nice day and, what the heck, the road to the top was closed.
3) Then the park and mountain road were closed for the holidays.
4) It's been either foggy or raining for the last week until today.
These were primarily taken to show my parents the view but it'll also give you an idea of where we live if you haven't been here before. FYI Kennesaw Mountain was the location of a big Civil War battle between General Sherman and General Johnston. It's 4.6 miles in a straight line from our house to the top of the mountain. Anyway, here are the photos. Enjoy!
Click here to view the photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment