The most notable event since the last post was our Thanksgiving / Pop & Polly's 65th wedding anniversary trip. For those unfamiliar, Pop & Polly (their nicknames) are Allison's grandparents on her mom's side. Anyway, like we have before, Dayton was the destination for dinner at the Officer's Club at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. The following day was the anniversary celebration at St. Leonard's Church, right next to Pop & Polly's house. Allison's family were all there, including her parents and both her brothers and their families. Since I'm the third person now to blog about the events, I'll link you to said blogs instead of reiterating everything.
Patrick & Lydia's Blog
And of course, here are pictures to view. The blogs above have eerily similar photos from slightly different angles.
Had it not been for my Captain upgrade training that started Nov. 20th, Allison and I would have been aboard the Crystal Serenity with my parents and grandma sailing through the Panama Canal. Luckily, the day they went through, I was able to be there virtually through the wonders of technology. Between the webcams aboard the ship and the ones at the canal itself, I have the event pretty well documented. I talked to dad a couple of times throughout the day (he has one of those snazy int'l phones). I had them hold out a towel so I could see them as they went through the Miraflores locks.

Before you view the rest, a few things to know about the canal. There are 3 sets of locks. The Gatun locks are on the north side near the Gulf of Mexico. The other two, the single Pedro Miguel lock and the final Miraflores locks are right next to Panama City and the Pacific Ocean. The photo series linked below starts in the morning with the Gatun locks and ends at the Miraflores locks, a whole day ordeal.
Click here to see some more.
There are a bunch.
But you can scroll through them quickly.
Adios!
No comments:
Post a Comment