Sunday, October 14, 2007

Blankets Creek

The weather is finally back to where Allison and I can go ride our mountain bikes again. Comfortably. It was too hot over the summer.

We drove up to our favorite trails nearby in Woodstock, GA. It is a dedicated mountain bike trail system built specifically for mountain biking. You can hike on it too, just beware of the crazy riders. It has cool terrain features built in like logs and bumps, etc to challenge you. There is even a "training" area near the parking lot so you can practice before going out on the trail.

We were a little out of practice, endurance-wise, plus it was the first time I've taken the camera, since I have to wear a back pack to carry it along and that gets annoying. So we stopped a lot and took our time.

Below are some pictures and a few video clips. The trail video clips are, uh, interesting as I am trying to ride and hold the camera at the same time. Those of you subject to the Blair Witch camera nausea effect probably shouldn't watch. I rode mostly with one hand but had to balance a few times with the camera hand and it looks like I'm crashing and the camera just shakes violently all over the place. Quality stuff. :-)
__________________________________________________

Photos:







The See Saw. You don't really encounter these on the trail but it's fun and good balance practice.






Allison on one of our breaks.

_________________________________________________

Videos:



Going over the seesaw.




Racing down the bumps.


And here is the Blair Witch-style 1st-person action.
Not for the easily nauseated:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The videos are amazing. One hand bicycle riding was never my forte'.

GP Dave