Monday, March 12, 2007

Barbershop 101

I got this wild idea that instead of going to Great Clips for a haircut once a month at a cost of $15 per visit, why not do it myself?!? So last night I bought a set of Wahl clippers from Target. At a super low price of $19.99 for the kit, these babies will pay for themselves after only 2 cuts!

Those of you picturing my hair right now, it is a simple cut. It doesn't require the usage of scissors and only takes about 10 minutes for them to accomplish at the store.

Well, it took me a little longer than 10 minutes, as this was my first attempt. Plus, I was doing it myself so holding the clippers correctly at different angles, etc, was challenging. Also, I started out by taking just a little bit off at first and moved my way up to more. It's still not quite as short as I get it at the pro shop but I'm sure I'll work my way up to that next time. :-)

Here's the results in digital form. I think it turned out well.

And now for some random pictures.

Vincent likes to camp out on the receiver whenever we're watching movies. It warms up and oh boy does he like that!





Time to finish doing laundry and cleaning my car. Hope everyone is having a good week!

No comments: